It is finished!
It ended up being a little big at the top, not so big that the straps fall off, just a little roomy. She decided on the length, just below the knee, which I think its great, because we can definitely get another year out of the dress.
So, if you read the original post, you’ll remember that I was worried about pulling out my old sewing machine. I have somehow misplaced the manual and have forgotten the basics of the bobbin. I ended up sewing it by hand and it was fine for such a small project.
I found a way to sew a durable seam by hand, like they did a hundred years ago. The hardest part for me was the hem stitch at the bottom…my hem stitch game is a little rusty. But it’s just a girls dress, a few tiny, visible stitches aren’t going to hurt anybody. 🙂
She loves it and can’t wait to wear it…but we are having an unseasonably chilly May so far. This morning was 41 degrees and even with the sunshine, it has only warmed up to about 60 this afternoon. I think she will have to wait a few more weeks.